Fundraising Relationship Co-Ordinator
Team Jak are a Scottish charity providing social and emotional support to children and young people with cancer, their family, friends and those bereaved.
Jaks Den is based in Livingston with pop up dens in Aberdeen and the North of Scotland, Fife, Dundee, the Lothians and Borders. We also provide outreach to hospitals in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen and Dundee.
We rely on a diverse range of funding and are currently looking to generate increased funding from community fundraising and events. We are looking to engage and sustain our relationships further with community groups, work with Schools and universities. Engage more with the local businesses, retail outlets to help promote and support our fundraising activities, throughout Scotland.
In order to achieve this, we are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and experienced Fundraiser to join our team working alongside our current Fundraiser Co-Ordinator.
• To secure partnership with small to medium corporates and support their giving through staff fundraising, payroll giving and foundations
• Target local community groups to secure their support and funding
• To present and promote the den within the local community with talks, awareness events and appearances to a high standard as required.
• Working alongside current fundraising activities
• To help support online social media promotion and support events and fundraisers within the community, with the aim to create better engagement and attracting new supporters.
(this list is not exhausted)
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate most of the following:
• Creative, driven and pro-active personality
• Excellent communicator, confident in presenting to community audience.
• Good people skills, support colleagues and their team
• Experience of fundraising and organising fundraising events
• Knowledge of corporate fundraising
• Computer Literate
• A professional approach with excellent interpersonal skills
• MINstF or similar qualification is preferred
This position is 5 days a week and will be based at Livingston but frequent travel within the central belt and Aberdeen will be necessary to fulfil this role, so being a licence holder with your own vehicle is essential. You will be expected to use your initiative and mange your own diary along while liaising with our Fundraising Co-ordinator .This role will require some evening and weekend work, so a flexible approach is needed.
Salary: £21-£23,000 depending on experience, certificate in fundraising is preferred.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to:
Closing Date for applications 14th June 2019